COVID-19 General Resources
- What You Need to Know About COVID -19 in Florida (Florida Health)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information – (CDC)
- Map: Coronavirus and School Closures (Education Week)
- Weathering the Storm – Headspace Meditation App
Resources for Parents
Food Access & Nutrition
- Find Your Local Food Bank (Feeding America)
- Emergency Grant Request – for school districts and nonprofit organizations to support food access for children and families affected by school closures. (No Kid Hungry)
- MyPlate Kids Place – Games, Activity Sheets, Videos and Songs (USDA)
- MyPlate Snack Tips for Parents(USDA)
- Protect Your Health with Immune-Boosting Nutrition (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics)
- NutriStudents K-12 Free COVID-19 Emergency Menu for Schools
- Nutrition Games, Printables and More by Nourish Interactive
- CATCH Health at Home Nutrition Education Resources for Parents
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act – Congress recently passed a bill that responds to the coronavirus outbreak by providing paid sick leave and free coronavirus testing, expanding food assistance and unemployment benefits, and requiring employers to provide additional protections for health care workers.
- Polk County Schools Information Updates
- MemorialDOCNow Free Virtual Visit – MemorialDOCNow lets you visit a doctor from the comfort of home for $0/visit through March 31, 2020 for Coronavirus (COVID-19) inquiries. Use coupon code: MEMORIALCARES.
- 2-1-1 Resource Hotline – (United Way of Central Florida)
- Aunt Bertha – (Search for free or reduced-cost services like medical care, food, job training, and more.)
- Step Up for Students – COVID-19 Helpful Links
- United Way – COVID-19 Community Resources
- According to South Florida Business & Wealth, companies like Amazon and Publix are quickly hiring to deal with changing business decisions. Check out your local grocery stores and local essential businesses to inquire about additional job openings.
- The Florida Department of Economic Opportunity also provides information on their Reemployment Assistance Service Center webpage such as temporary wage replacement benefits, job assistance and more.
- Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan – Governor Ron DeSantis activated the Florida Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program to support small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- Business Damage Assessment Survey – The State of Florida has activated the Business Damage Assessment Survey to assess the impact of COVID-19 on Florida’s local business operations so actions to implement appropriate relief programs can begin.
- Florida Department of Economic Opportunity’s Short Time Compensation program for Employers – this program helps employers retain their workforce in times of temporary slowdown by encouraging work sharing as an alternative to layoff.
- U.S. Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance in Response to Coronavirus – The SBA provides low-interest disaster loans to help businesses and homeowners recover from declared disasters.
- Price Gouging Hotline – Price gouging can be reported by calling 1(866) 9NO-SCAM or by visiting MyFloridaLegal.com. For tips on reporting price gouging, click here.
- Coronavirus Tax Relief – The IRS has established a special section focused on steps to help taxpayers, businesses and others affected by the coronavirus.
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at Florida Atlantic University (FAU). At FAU, the SBDC Team is working to support our businesses to overcome the impact of COVID-19. Please use this link to request consulting from the Small Business Development Center at FAU.
- Winter Haven Chamber of Commerce is offering a list of resources for the community as well.
- Facebook also announced a $100 million program to help small businesses.
- Check out some additional resources from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.